Thursday, February 23, 2012

I am so proud to be his Fiancee'... and I can't wait to be his wife




  A dream destination vacation turned into a real- live dream come true! My very first time in Mexico couldn't have been more amazing! The morning after Ryan and I arrived in Nuevo Vallarta was Valentine's Day, and, although corny and cliche', Ryan got down on one knee and proposed. We were in our hotel room, alone, and he completely caught me off guard. I mean, really, I had my bathing suit top on, but no bottoms, and could not have been more shocked! He told me he had to do it then because he couldn't have waited any longer or else he would have thrown up! I hugged him hard, cried the happiest tears of my life and told him 'Yes, Ryan, I will be your wife.'
   We had a great day at the pool and had an even better time talking openly about everything to Greg and Kathy (Greg almost let it slip a few times but I never caught on, and Kathy couldn't wait to FINALLY talk about the wedding!) Afterwards we had reservations at the Vista Grill, an amazing open-air restaurant set into the high hills of Puerto Vallarta, a different world within a different world. The cab passed through the narrow streets of shack-like houses, over rough cobblestones only to bring us to one of the most classy and breathtaking places I have ever been. After sharing a bottle of wine, eating a fantastic meal, and toasting to a beautiful future, we headed back to the Grand Mayan to celebrate in our room.
 As we walked into the tremendous entryway, Ryan told me that he 'may have one more surprise' for me. How on earth could this day get any better??!!?! I turned the corner to the five smiling faces of my Moll Doll, Breckley, Hanna, Kayla, and Katie. This day COULD and DID get better! My jaw dropped to my knees..seriously, I believe there are pictures!

 It took a while for everything to sink in, 2 days at the very least. Ryan did a killer job and I couldn't have asked for a  more romantic, spontaneous- yet- meticulously planned, everything I could have dreamed of proposal. To top things off, Kathy offered for us take our engagement photos right there on the beach in Mexico, as you can see, they turned out pretty well. :)


We're just a Couple-A Bears In Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment