Friday, February 24, 2012

Now I get to pick out the coolest ladies I know to stand by my side!

Follow Me on Pinterest
I personally have never been asked to be in a bridal party, so I'm not well versed in the role of 'bridesmaid'... good thing too, cause for this one I'm NOT going to be one!  Instead I have to learn how to be a bride!!!! :) Ryan has tons of friends and an over abundance of strapping young males to fill the positions of his groomsmen, but I think I will make him stop at 6 or 7. A 14 person bridal party??! This is going to be SOME party!

I have a few ladies in mind that I am positive I'll want to have my back on the big day. I also have a few that I haven't talked to in a while but still played a pretty big role in my life somewhere or another. To tell you the truth though, the more I look at it, the question isn't whether or not I want them in the wedding ...it's whether or not THEY want to be in MY wedding!!!


First on the list is my little sister, Miranda. She, being five years younger than me, and an anthropology and education major at Beloit college, has made me very proud and I'm excited to have her around for more than a day to celebrate with me! Her and I share a lot of ideas, morals, musical tastes, movie choices, and love of DIY facials, but trust me.. we are two different peas from a completely crazy pod!









Next would absolutely have to be my pretty Peach, Miss Shannon McD.
She is a multi-talented actress,dancer, singer, and artist, with a number of fantastic titles and  impressive projects under her belt. We first met when she tried out for Ovation, goodness, was it 2008? Something like that. Since, we've spent countless hours together rehearsing, driving to gigs, eating, living across the hall from one another, working together, and most of all, eating sushi. We also share a lot of the same qualities... the love of fine food, cheap wine, and of course, decadent dessert. Our birthdays are days apart, and it's become apparent in the past few years just alike we really can be!



Third in the line up is Moll Doll. Not only the wife of the best man, she has become one of the closest friends I have had in such a short amount time. She and I hit it off from day one, after I was pre-warned that "Molly doesn't like any of Ryan's girlfriends." If I was supposed to be intimidated, I didn't play along :) It didn't take much for her to win my heart, and apparently for me to steal hers as well. I just had to be me.




She and Breck have hands down the cutest kids I've ever seen. They are literally mini-versions of their Mom and Dad! I've decided to also include them in the wedding as well, with Destiny being the flower girl in nothing other than a black tutu, and Jaxson walking along as 1/2 of the ring bearer team. 



I'd go on... I really would, because I'm just dying to blog about my maid of honor.... but I'd like to spend a bit of time with my hubby instead. TTFN... Ta Ta For Now!








No comments:

Post a Comment