Wednesday, February 29, 2012

There is only ONE person in the world that I can truly call my best friend....

Follow Me on Pinterest



.... and that person is my mother.

Sipping on a Purple Rain with my Mama right before the Prince Concert!


Because she had me at such a young age, I have always felt I was blessed with a mother, sister, and best friend all rolled into one. She has never judged me, mistreated me, lied to me out of malice, or hurt me. She has shown nothing but support, friendship, love, good intentions, and the best of wishes for me and my future throughout my entire life. I don't want to think about what life would have been like to not have her with me through it all... I honestly see myself as an extension of her. Some one she raised to be all that she wanted for herself, but was never given the opportunity. I look at the both of us together and can't find the seam that she ends and I begin, we're just two in the same and really have a true, deep appreciation to have each other in one anothers lives. The love I hold for her almost hurts because I feel it may make my heart burst sometimes. 
My mother is an intellectual, humorous, and giving person... almost too giving. She is one of the rare people in the world born for the sole purpose to nourish, support, teach, and give exemplary care to those that need it most. She can get along and find common ground with anybody, and is an extremely open person that just wants to provide some genuine TLC. Always one to stand-up for the underdog, she tries to find the good in people and can always be counted on to give you the benefit of the doubt. 
When I originally thought about who I would have as the maid of honor, I immediately chose my sister. Then after dwelling on it for quite some time, I knew my mother was the right decision all along, but because it's not something that's usually done, I had to over think it. I didn't stray from the truth in the least when I said there is no one else in the world I'd call my best friend... and no one else in the world I'd rather have stand next to me while I start this new chapter in my life.... why not!?  She's stood next to me for damn near everything else! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment