Thursday, February 23, 2012

Now.. Does the date work with the venue? It's all about location!

Follow Me on Pinterest

I've always wanted to get married in my beloved Minneapolis. Somewhere in the heart of the city, near the infamous Grain Belt insignia, the aesthetically appealing Hennepin Bridge, the beautiful Stone Arch Bridge, and most of all the breathtaking skyline.


I strong part of me feels we should get married in the city, maybe at an outside venue by Riverplace, on Nicollet Island, or near home in Nordeast. These are the places I remember the most growing up. The places that will make it impossible for me to ever forget the city in which I come from.

After poking around online, being addicted to Pinterest for literally, I kid you not, the last 7 months of my life,  ( Thanks again Moll Doll!!) and kind of / sort of already planning a wedding before Ryan even asked me.. (yes, I am SO guilty.. When you know you know, right??!) I've had my eye fixed on a few places that I think would really suit our style.


 First, is the Nicollet Island Pavillion, not to be confused with the Nicollet Island Inn. This has the potential to be a PERFECT venue, BUT, the food prices are extremely steep! I was thinking, possibly, that maybe we could have just the ceremony there, right on the river, and then hold the cocktail hour/reception at a different venue.
This is where they hold the actual ceremony. A beautiful landscape  that captures the Mississippi River.
To rent the Nicollet Island Pavillion, it costs about $2,000 with an extra $500 for the ceremony, and that's not including chair rental. It can accommodate over 400 people, which is terrific and all,but not if the minimum food cost is expected to be $13,000!!!! Holy Sh*t!


No comments:

Post a Comment