Thursday, February 23, 2012

I've always loved the Varsity Theater!!!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Another awesome spot that I feel is a great historical landmark is the Varsity Theater.



While still with Ovation, we played a wedding there that was stunning. The lighting was fantastic, the sound system
flawless, food was equally stellar, and the general vibe was welcoming and well-executed. I checked the calendar for their events and found that the 25th is the only date the have available in May! Please please tell me this is things just working out again.
First it was getting the ocean view room on the ninth floor in Mexico, second,
 it was having sun on the day we had our engagement pictures taken,
and that was the ONLY day we had sun...THEN it was getting in to a 'fully reserved' restaurant at the last minute on one of our last nights at the hotel. Things really do just have a way of working out for us :)So, I called, and I hope to speak with them soon about possibly booking a showing and reserving the room. Fingers Crossed!

To rent the Varsity Theater it is $7,500. The Buffet starts at $35 a plate and plated dinners start with $50 a plate. That means it will be approximately $15,000 or so to feed 300 people. Goodness this food is going to be death of me! It's damn near impossible to find somewhere that will A) Let me cook, or B) Let me cook. Everywhere has their specific caterers and such... sigh... I guess we will just have to go with the flow on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment